Use the verbs in brackets to complete the sentences in Present Continuous or Present Simple
1 My wife normally __________ (work) at home, but she __________ (spend) this month in Italy
2 Most days, Tom usually__________ (cycle) to work
3 When________ the lesson __________ (start) today
4 What’s your brother doing He __________ (do) the crossword in the newspaper He __________ (do) it every day
5 I’m afraid I’ll lose this game of chess I__________ (play) very badly I usually ______much better (play)
6 What’s she doing — She __________ (mend) her husband’s socks She always__________ them (mend)
7 Yes, you can borrow my dictionary I __________ (use) it a lot, but I __________ (not / use) it now
8 We __________ (not travel) by train very often
9 She ______________ (be) particularly generous this week
10 It _____________ (snow) right now It’s beautiful I ____________ (like) this weather
11 The river___________ (flow) very fast today — faster than usual
12 You ___________ (always to complain) that waiters are rude
13 I ___________ (walk) to school every day I ___________ (take, not) the bus
14 You ___________ (always to borrow) money
15 That’s worrying because the number of people without job___________ (increase)
16 Robert is a vegetarian He ___________ (eat, not) meat
17 ___________ (you, cook) your own dinner every day
18 Holidays abroad ___________ (become) increasingly popular
19 Are you in a hurry — No, I ___________ (walk) quickly because I’m cold
20 Where’s your father — He ___________ (be) in the bathroom
21 He ___________ ( shave )
22 The neighbours forever___________ (slam) doors and___________ (shout) during the night
23 My sister ___________ (to take) part in the competitions almost every weekend
- 1. works, is spending
3. is, starting
4. is doing, does
5. played, play
6. is mending, mends
7. use, not using
8. dont travel
10. is snowing, like
11. is flowing
12. always complain
13. walk, dont take
14. always borrow
15. is increasing
16. doesnt eat
17. Do you cook
19. am walking
21. is shaving
22. slams, shouts
- 1. My wife normallyworks at home, but shes spending this month in Italy.
2. Most days, Tom usually cyclesto work.
3. When isthe lesson starting today?
4. Whats your brother doing? He is doing the crossword in the newspaper He does it every day.
5. Im afraid Ill lose this game of chess. Im playingvery badly. I usually playmuch better.
6. Whats she doing? She is mending her husbands socks. She always mends them.
7. Yes, you can borrow my dictionary. I useit a lot, but I am not usingit now.
8. We dont tavel by train very often.
9. She isparticularly generous this week.
10. It is snowingright now. Its beautiful! I like this weather.
11. The river is flowingvery fast today faster than usual.
12. Youre always complaining that waiters are rude!
13. I walk to school every day. I dont take the bus.
14. Youre always borrowing money!
15. Thats worrying because the number of people without job is increasing.
16. Robert is a vegetarian. He doesnt eat meat.
17. Do you cook your own dinner every day?
18. Holidays abroad are becoming increasingly popular.
19. Are you in a hurry? No, Im walking quickly because Im cold.
20. Wheres your father? He is in the bathroom.
21. He is shaving.
22. The neighbours are forever slamming doors and shouting during the night.
23. My sister takes part in the competitions almost every weekend.